pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: New PDAnnotation Modification Date
Date Sun, 26 May 2013 10:46:21 GMT
Hi,

Am 26.05.2013 12:10, schrieb Gilad Denneboom:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having problems setting the modification date for a new FileAttachment
> annotation that I've created. Does anyone know if there's a specific date
> format that I should use?
Dates in pfs are defined as follows (copied from PDF 32000-1:2008)

7.9.4 Dates
Date values used in a PDF shall conform to a standard date format, which closely
follows that of the international standard ASN.1 (Abstract Syntax Notation One),
defined in ISO/IEC 8824. A date shall be a text string of the
form

(D:YYYYMMDDHHmmSSOHH'mm)

where:

YYYY shall be the year

MM shall be the month (01–12)

DD shall be the day (01–31)

HH shall be the hour (00–23)

mm shall be the minute (00–59)

SS shall be the second (00–59)

O shall be the relationship of local time to Universal Time (UT), and shall be
denoted by one of the characters PLUS SIGN (U+002B) (+), HYPHEN-MINUS (U+002D)
(-), or LATIN CAPITAL LETTER Z (U+005A) (Z) (see below)

HH followed by APOSTROPHE (U+0027) (') shall be the absolute value of the offset
from UT in hours (00–23)

mm shall be the absolute value of the offset from UT in minutes (00–59)

The prefix D: shall be present, the year field (YYYY) shall be present and all
other fields may be present but only if all of their preceding fields are also
present. The APOSTROPHE following the hour offset field (HH) shall only be
present if the HH field is present. The minute offset field (mm) shall only be
present if the APOSTROPHE following the hour offset field (HH) is present. The
default values for MM and DD shall be both 01; all other numerical fields shall
default to zero values. A PLUS SIGN as the value of the O field signifies that
local time is later than UT, a HYPHEN-MINUS signifies that local time is earlier
than UT, and the LATIN CAPITAL LETTER Z signifies that local time is equal to
UT. If no UT information is specified, the relationship of the specified time to
UT shall be considered to be GMT. Regardless of whether the time zone is
specified, the rest of the date shall be specified in local time.

EXAMPLE
For example, December 23, 1998, at 7:52 PM, U.S. Pacific Standard Time, is
represented by the string D:199812231952-08'00

> Thanks in advance, Gilad.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler