pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Chris J Lindberg <...@lindbergarts.com>
Subject Re: Error when opening multi-page PDF generated by PDFBox
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 01:37:46 GMT
Hi,

I downloaded pdfbox-1.7.1 then replaced the pdfbox-1.8.0 library with 1.7.1. I then ran the
code against the combined document. The resulting new171-CombinedLoremIpsum.pdf opens without
error.

http://ceratopsian.net/pdf/new171-CombinedLoremIpsum.pdf

Looks like there may be an issue with pdfbox-1.8.0.

Chris

On Apr 2, 2013, at 6:18 PM, Chris J Lindberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used pdfbox-1.8.0
> JDK 1.6
>
> Chris
>
> On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:15 AM, Maruan Sahyoun wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> which version of pdfbox are you using? Can you test using pdfbox-1.7.1 AND pdfbox-1.8.0?
>>
>> With kind regards
>>
>> Maruan Sahyoun
>>
>> FileAffairs GmbH
>> Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
>> 40882 Ratingen
>>
>> Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
>> Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
>> sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
>> www.fileaffairs.de
>>
>> Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
>> Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
>> UST.-ID: DE248275827
>>
>> Am 02.04.2013 um 16:33 schrieb Chris J Lindberg <cjl@lindbergarts.com>:
>>
>>> Andreas,
>>>
>>> I generated 3 test documents.
>>>
>>> LoremIpsum.pdf a two page PDF document output from Lorem Ipsum web page.
>>> http://ceratopsian.net/pdf/LoremIpsum.pdf
>>>
>>> GeneratedLoremIpsum.pdf is a second PDF document generated using print to PDF
from Microsoft Word.
>>> http://ceratopsian.net/pdf/GeneratedLoremIpsum.pdf
>>>
>>> CombinedLoremIpsum.pdf was created using Acrobat Pro to open LoremIpsum.pdf then
inserting GeneratedLoremIpsum.pdf after the second page.
>>> http://ceratopsian.net/pdf/CombinedLoremIpsum.pdf
>>>
>>> I then ran the FindActionLinks code below stripped down to load then save a new
PDF file against all three files. The single documents, LoremIpsum.df and GeneratedLoremIpsum.pdf
generated files that can be opened without error.
>>> http://ceratopsian.net/pdf/new-LoremIpsum.pdf
>>> http://ceratopsian.net/pdf/new-GeneratedLoremIpsum.pdf
>>>
>>> The file generated from the CombinedLoremIpsum.pdf generates an error when opened.

>>> The file “new-CombinedLoremIpsum.pdf” could not be opened. It may be damaged
or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize.
>>> http://ceratopsian.net/pdf/new-CombinedLoremIpsum.pdf
>>>
>>> -Chris

just tested outputting two English Word documents as PDF then combined the two using Acrobat
Pro then ran the code below. The result gave me the same error when trying to open the output
file using Preview.

PDF document then using insert from file to add a second page. My goal was to switch launch
links to go to links but early on I got an error when trying to open the PDFBox generated
file with either Preview or Acrobat:

load the input file and output a file based on command line arguments.

+ " <input-file> <output-file>" );

code on a single PDF document that had no inserted pages from file. Is this a bug? Any idea
on how to correct this?