pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Buzzy Spain <bsp...@heartflow.com>
Subject pdfbox 1.8 corrupts file
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 17:50:47 GMT
Hi all,

I was hoping to upgrade to pdfbox 1.8.0 but all of the documents which I
create with pdfbox appear to be corrupt.  Any help understanding this would
be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the source and result documents.  The example is as simple
as I can think to make it.

code:  (file paths changed)

    PDDocument testDoc = PDDocument.load("HelloWorld.pdf");
    testDoc.save("HelloWorldSaved.pdf");

When I try to read the result document in acrobat I get an error "The file
is damaged and could not be repaired.".  When opening in evince, I see the
text below in the console.

    Error: PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
    Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
    Error: Couldn't read xref table
    Error: PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
    Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
    Error: Couldn't read xref table

Thanks,
Buzzy