pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Miran Damjanovic <MI...@statoil.com>
Subject PDFBox Parsing problem - EOF
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:56:43 GMT
Hello,

I have been using PDFBox to get text from PDF's and validate some of it. Recently I have had
Problems parsing the PDF's, more precisely I get an java.io.ioexception. I use the following
code
To get the text from PDF:
public String getTextFromPDF(URL url, int  readTimeout, int connectTimeout) throws IOException
{
            try {
                  //open connection
                  HttpURLConnection conn =  (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();

                  //set caching to false
                  conn.setUseCaches( false );

                  //set read timeout
                  conn.setReadTimeout( readTimeout );

                  //set connect timeout
                  conn.setConnectTimeout( connectTimeout );

                  //get input stream from connection
                  InputStream fileToParse = conn.getInputStream();

                  System.out.println( fileToParse.toString());

                  //parser object
                  PDFParser parser = new PDFParser(fileToParse, null, true);

                  parser.parse();
                  //do parse
                  //parser.parse();

                  //get document
                  PDDocument pdoc = parser.getPDDocument();

                  //get stripper object
                  PDFTextStripper stripper = new PDFTextStripper();

                  //get text
                  String text = stripper.getText( pdoc );

                  //close doc
                  pdoc.close();

                  //disconnect
                  conn.disconnect();

                  //reset connection (set to nothing)
                  conn = null;

                  //reset file
                  fileToParse = null;

                  //reset parser
                  parser = null;

                  //return content
                  return text;

            }
The error message I get is this (line 51 is where I call parser.parse() above):
[cid:image001.png@01CE35DA.164DC060]

I appreciate any tips and help you can provide, in advance many thank you
Miran Damjanovic

this message.
Thank you