pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tasha Keppler <ta...@epolk.com>
Subject RE: Rubber Stamp/saving error
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 14:47:11 GMT
Hi Andreas,

I am working on a .net program that was started by someone else in our office who is no longer
here. I believe it's version 1.7.1.

I am not familiar with bouncycastle dlls- can you give me more information about this?

Thank you,

Tasha

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Lehmkuehler [mailto:andreas@lehmi.de]
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 8:03 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Rubber Stamp/saving error

Hi,

Am 05.04.2013 17:43, schrieb Tasha Keppler:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone encountered this error (I'm using psfbox in a vb.net application):
Most of us are using PDFBox in a java based environment, so that it might be hard to find
an .NET expert to answer your question.

> org.apache.pdfbox.exceptions.COSVisitorException: class configured for MessageDigest(provider:
SUN)cannot be found.

> What does this mean? What can I do to correct it?
What version of PDFBox are you using?

Did you build the .NET version of your own or do you use a precompiled version from elsewhere?

The exception sounds like an encryption/decryption issue. Are the bouncycastle-DLLs on your
path?

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Tasha

BR