pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Hesham G." <heshamgne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uppercase letters are read in lowercase manner
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 08:09:47 GMT
Maruan ,

Sorry, I did not mean to be rude .. Thank you for checking this  : )

Best regards ,
Hesham

Included message :
> Hi Hesham,
>
> I know my explanation is not a solution to the issue. But as you wrote '…. is there
a reason for that?' I thought I'll provide the reason :-)

> BTW Mac preview has the same issue that pdfbox has - so at least we are not alone.
>
> Maruan Sahyoun
>
> Am 21.03.2013 um 12:34 schrieb Hesham G. <heshamgneady@gmail.com>:
>
>> Maruan ,
>>
>> And that is why I have sent this question. The text appears fine in Adobe reader.
I can copy/paste it with the mouse resulting the right case sensitivity as it appears in the
file, but when using PDFBox it returns lowercase letters.

>> Best regards ,
>> Hesham

>> Included message :
>>
>>> Hi Hesham,
>>>
>>> the text in question is defined as marked content in the PDF and not as 'regular
text'. I think its wrongly handled/not fully supported (I don't know what the implementation
status is) in pdfbox (and some other apps I tested with) but is correctly handled in Adobe
Reader.

>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Maruan Sahyoun

letters are being read as lowercase. Please check this 1-page sample PDF :