pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Sirisha Dinavahi <sirisha.dinav...@codeobjects.com>
Subject RE: Merging XFA PDF documents
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 01:19:07 GMT
Thanks Maruan for your response.
In our case we would like to combine the documents to display the combined form in adobe reader.
Could you shed some light on forms stitching? Is this something we can achieve using some
APIs?

Regards,
Sirisha.
From: Maruan Sahyoun [sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:17 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Merging XFA PDF documents

Hi Sirisha,

could you describe what you would like to achieve a little? If the use case is to merge XFA
documents to have an end document for archiving purposes flattening is the right way to go.
If you would like to combine the XFA documents to have a new form which you could display
in Adobe Reader you could extract the XFA content, combine it and put it back in - that's
called forms stiching. …..

Currently PDFBox is not able to flatten a dynamic XFA document. You could use it to flatten
static XFA documents but that has to be done using low level API functions. There is no high
level API such as doc.flattenXFA() or so. There is some basic support for extracting XFA content.
We are working on being able to put XFA content in.

If you need some further hints - also possible alternatives - let us know.

Kind regards

Maruan Sahyoun

Am 18.03.2013 um 17:32 schrieb Sirisha Dinavahi <sirisha.dinavahi@codeobjects.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Can we use PDF Box to merge XFA PDF documents? We could not merge such documents using
iText without first flattening them.