pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Hesham G." <heshamgne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uppercase letters are read in lowercase manner
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:34:37 GMT
Maruan ,

And that is why I have sent this question. The text appears fine in Adobe reader. I can copy/paste
it with the mouse resulting the right case sensitivity as it appears in the file, but when
using PDFBox it returns lowercase letters.

Best regards ,
Hesham

Included message :

> Hi Hesham,
>
> the text in question is defined as marked content in the PDF and not as 'regular text'.
I think its wrongly handled/not fully supported (I don't know what the implementation status
is) in pdfbox (and some other apps I tested with) but is correctly handled in Adobe Reader.

> Kind regards
>
> Maruan Sahyoun
>
> Am 21.03.2013 um 07:05 schrieb Hesham G. <heshamgneady@gmail.com>:
>
>> Andreas ,
>>
>> I apologize for this !
>> Please download the PDF from here :
>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10111483/downloads/pdfbox/pdf_with_uppercase_letters.pdf
>>

>> Best regards ,
>> Hesham

>> Included message :
>>
>>> Hi,

are being read as lowercase. Please check this 1-page sample PDF :