pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Uppercase letters are read in lowercase manner
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:04:17 GMT
Hi Hesham,

I know my explanation is not a solution to the issue. But as you wrote '…. is there a reason
for that?' I thought I'll provide the reason :-)

BTW Mac preview has the same issue that pdfbox has - so at least we are not alone.

Maruan Sahyoun

Am 21.03.2013 um 12:34 schrieb Hesham G. <heshamgneady@gmail.com>:

> Maruan ,
>
> And that is why I have sent this question. The text appears fine in Adobe reader. I can
copy/paste it with the mouse resulting the right case sensitivity as it appears in the file,
but when using PDFBox it returns lowercase letters.

> Best regards ,
> Hesham

> Included message :
>
>> Hi Hesham,
>>
>> the text in question is defined as marked content in the PDF and not as 'regular
text'. I think its wrongly handled/not fully supported (I don't know what the implementation
status is) in pdfbox (and some other apps I tested with) but is correctly handled in Adobe
Reader.

>> Kind regards
>>
>> Maruan Sahyoun
>>
>> Am 21.03.2013 um 07:05 schrieb Hesham G. <heshamgneady@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Andreas ,
>>>
>>> I apologize for this !
>>> Please download the PDF from here :
>>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10111483/downloads/pdfbox/pdf_with_uppercase_letters.pdf
>>>

>>> Best regards ,
>>> Hesham

>>> Included message :

letters are being read as lowercase. Please check this 1-page sample PDF :