pdfbox-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Foley Ma <fole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Converting to png when fonts are missing using split
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:57:18 GMT
Hello again,
I tried something else to narrow down the issue. I used Microsoft Word,
created a document using the same font and that was able to convert fine. I
guess there's an issue with the pdf. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I
can go about examining the issue with the pdf? Maybe there's an issue with
some metadata embedded in it?

Thanks,

Foley


On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Foley Ma <foleyma@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I seem to have run into an issue with converting a pdf to png when fonts
> are missing.
>
> I've included in the attachment a small maven project with an example pdf.
> There's two test cases.
>
> One that converts the document by pulling a list of PDPage.
>
> One that splits the document, and then extracts the first PDPage in the
> new split document and convert it to a png.
>
> In both cases I do not have the fonts on my computer (TimesNewRomanPSMT).
>
> I'm able to get a png with text when I do not split the document, but when
> I split the document, I get a stack trace with Warnings (see below), and
> the png is blank. I would have assumed that in both cases it would resort
> to using the default font and text would show up. Why is this not the case
> when I split the document? Am I doing something incorrectly or is this a
> bug?
>
> Thank you,
>
>
> Feb 19, 2013 12:15:02 PM org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine
> processOperator
> WARNING: java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processEncodedText(PDFStreamEn
> gine.java:366)
>         at
> org.apache.pdfbox.util.operator.ShowText.process(ShowText.java:45)
>         at
> org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processOperator(PDFStreamEngin
> e.java:556)
>         at
> org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processSubStream(PDFStreamEngi
> ne.java:270)
>         at
> org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processSubStream(PDFStreamEngi
> ne.java:246)
>         at
> org.apache.pdfbox.util.PDFStreamEngine.processStream(PDFStreamEngine.
> java:217)
>         at
> org.apache.pdfbox.pdfviewer.PageDrawer.drawPage(PageDrawer.java:119)
>         at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPage.convertToImage(PDPage.java:730)
>         at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPage.convertToImage(PDPage.java:688)
>         at
> com.foleyfunctional.TestMissingFonts.convertUsingSplit(TestMissingFon
> ts.java:69)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
> java:57)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
> sorImpl.java:43)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>         at
> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(Framework
> Method.java:44)
>         at
> org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCal
> lable.java:15)
>         at
> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMe
> thod.java:41)
>         at
> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMet
> hod.java:20)
>         at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:263)
>         at
> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRun
> ner.java:69)
>         at
> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRun
> ner.java:48)
>         at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
>         at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60)
>         at
> org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229)
>         at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50)
>         at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222)
>         at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:292)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.
> java:35)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4
> Provider.java:115)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider
> .java:97)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
> java:57)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
> sorImpl.java:43)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ClassLoaderProxy.inv
> oke(ProviderFactory.java:103)
>         at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(Suref
> ireStarter.java:150)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcess(S
> urefireStarter.java:91)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:
> 69)
>
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message