pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Huber, Michael" <Michael.Hu...@bayernlb.de>
Subject AW: PDFMerger App also produces Garbage
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 07:45:31 GMT
Hi Maruan,

thanks for he quick answer.

No, didn't solve the Problem. Same picture: Works with Eclipse Juno but not on the cmd line.

I'll file a bug and attach same short pdf files to reproduce the error.

With kind regards,

Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2013 17:17
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Betreff: Re: PDFMerger App also produces Garbage

Hi,

one thing you can test is using the NonSequentialParser for parsing the source files. Unfortunately
the PDFMergerUtility doesn't yet allow using that parser. So you would need to take the source
and change PDDocument.load to PDDocument.loadNonSeq. Is that an option for you?

You may want to raise an issue in Jira ((https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX) so
the issue is not forgotten

With kind regards

Maruan Sahyoun

Am 06.02.2013 um 16:37 schrieb "Huber, Michael" <Michael.Huber@bayernlb.de>:

> Hi,
>
> same problem with pdfbox-app PDFMerger cmd line utility.
>
> Java -version output:
> java version "1.6.0_21"
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.0-b17, mixed mode)
>
> Cmd line used:
> java -jar pdfbox-app-1.7.1.jar PDFMerger  c:\temp\1.pdf c:\temp\2.pdf c:\temp\m.pdf
>
> If You need the files pls let me know.
>
> THX for help,
>
> Michael

one pdf. The pdf files created by graphviz are readable by acrobat reader X.

> Problem:
> The merged output pdf is fine when run under Eclipse Juno SR1, Java 1.6 runtime.
> The output is garbage when run from executable jar from windows cmd line.
>
> Any Idea?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michael
>
> Java code:
> The Vector "images" simply contains a list of fqdn to pdf files created by graphviz
>
>      public void addToMainPdf(Vector<String> images) throws COSVisitorException,
IOException {