pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: retrieving graphical coordinates
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:41:26 GMT
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Florian Fleischer <flosser657@yahoo.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if it is possible with PDFBox to get the coordinates of a
> graphic object such as Rectangle, Line etc.... if not, is there any
> chance to wait for it in a new version of PDFBox.
> Best Regards

PDF creates Text (normally single characters), Paths (one or more curves
which may or may not be straight lines and may or may not be closed or
intersecting), and Pixel (Bit) maps. There are no rectangles or lines or
circles  as such. You have to guess these from the paths.

We do this in http://bitbucket.org/petermr/pdf2svg and other sibling
projects. We aim to extract high-level graphical objects from these paths.
It's all F/OSS - you are welcome to use what we have so far. I am not aware
of others doing the same at least in Open projects.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics