pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fischer...@aon.at>
Subject Re: Can't Compile: cannot find symbol method getSpaceMapping()
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:00:25 GMT
Hello,

well, I finally got it.

> The method in the fontbox lib which is used here contains the old
> implementation with one parameter.
> …

> Same issue here, old fontbox version. The getSpaceMapping method is quite new.

The point is that in the compilation process not the newly compiled fontbox was used but an
older version of fontbox instaled on my computer: /Library/Java/Extensions/fontbox-1.6.0.jar
(Mac).
I wasn't aware of the problems I get when building a new pdfbox while an older version is
installed, it seems on the Mac the /Library/Java/Extensions/ is preferred over the new compilation.
I have other versions of fontbox installed (e.g. in my solr system) but they don't do any
harm (it seems, I hope…).

Thanks for the patience along the way!

Best
Thomas