pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From jl...@gi-bon.sk
Subject Re: Problem with PDFont.getStringWidth()
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 15:02:38 GMT
hi,
this bug is probably solved here:

best regards
Juraj Lonc

From:   "Gerrit Lober" <gerritlober@gmx.de>
To:     users@pdfbox.apache.org,
Date:   04. 12. 2012 15:42
Subject:        Problem with PDFont.getStringWidth()

Dear all,

I've the following problem with PDFbox. I try to paint a rectangle with
PDPageContentStream and then put a figure in the center of this rectangle.

Therefore I try to calculate the width of the text. The Method
getStringWidth returns everytime the same width for all figures. That
means that I get the same result for "12" and "32". Because the "1" is
smaller than the "3" something is not correct and my "12" is a bit to
right.

What is the reason for this?

I get the Font with the following code:
private PDFont getFont() throws IOException {
  return PDType1Font.HELVETICA;
}

Thanks!