pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Rendering/Printing problems of PDfs with transparencies
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 23:07:38 GMT
Hi,

Am 07.12.2012 14:49, schrieb maurice.koch@securiton.ch:
> Hi!
> I was trying to print a pdf which was generated by iText v2.1.5. Unfortunately
> parts of it were printed in white – the filling color was missing. I could
> reduce the problem to the attached PDF. When trying to print with
Your attachments didn't make it due to some restrictions to the mailing list.
Create an issue on JIRA [1] and attach those files to it. Add some details about
your environment, PDFBox version, OS, JDK etc.

> PDocument.silentPrint I get the following info message:
> [INFO] [org.apache.pdfbox.pdfviewer.PageDrawer] ColorSpace Pattern doesn't
> provide a non-stroking color, using white instead!
Sounds like a unsupported pattern colorspace .... but without having a hand on
the pdf it's just a guess

> I can reproduce the result when I use PDFToImage and generate a png-file from
> the pdf (see attachment). The output is similar:
> org.apache.pdfbox.pdfviewer.PageDrawer fillPath
> INFO: ColorSpace Pattern doesn't provide a non-stroking color, using white instead!
Both are using more or less the same code.

> Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue/bug? Is there a workaround
> or is it possible to set the non-stroking color? How would I do that
> programmatically? Which color??
Hmmm, I guess the only workaround is not to use pattern colorspaces

> Any help appreciated!
> Thanks and best regards
> Maurice

> This e-mail is confidential and may contain privileged information. It is
> intended only for the addressees. If you have received this e-mail in error,
> kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message from
> your system.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX