pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Gerrit Lober" <gerritlo...@gmx.de>
Subject Problem with PDFont.getStringWidth()
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 12:16:22 GMT
Dear all,

I've the following problem with PDFbox. I try to paint a rectangle with PDPageContentStream
and then put a figure in the center of this rectangle.

Therefore I try to calculate the width of the text. The Method getStringWidth returns everytime
the same width for all figures. That means that I get the same result for "12" and "32". Because
the "1" is smaller than the "3" something is not correct and my "12" is a bit to right.

What is the reason for this?

I get the Font with the following code:
private PDFont getFont() throws IOException {
  return PDType1Font.HELVETICA;
}

Thanks!