pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fischer...@aon.at>
Subject Re: Can't Compile: cannot find symbol method getSpaceMapping()
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 10:47:47 GMT
Hello,

> Am 26.12.2012 13:28, schrieb Thomas Fischer:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I must say I'm pretty new to using maven. I failed to compile PDFBox after a checkout,
ending up with

>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile
(default-compile) on project pdfbox: Compilation failure
>> [ERROR] /SVN/PDFbox/trunk/pdfbox/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/font/PDSimpleFont.java:[525,52]
cannot find symbol
>> [ERROR] symbol  : method getSpaceMapping()
>> [ERROR] location: class org.apache.fontbox.cmap.CMap
>>
>> I don't have any idea how to solve this, can anybody help me?
> Did you checkout the whole project using [1], including all subprojects?

I actually deleted my trunk directory and checked out a new one from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
I checked out the trunk branch, using svnX and again using Cornerstone.

> In which directory did you call maven? You have to do it in the main directory.

Originally I called maven from inside the trunk directory, afterwards again from inside the
trunk/pdfbox directory.
Both with identical results. I assume the trunk directory is the one you refer to as "main
directory"?

>> I'm using a MacBook with Mac OS X 10.6.8.
>>
>> Best
>> Thomas
>>

> BR
> Andreas Lehmkühler