pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Glenn.Hirs...@ozcap.com
Subject Can an encrypted pdf [with unknown password] get merged with other files into a new file?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:52:39 GMT
I'm receiving some bank-statements in pdf format that I need to merge with
internally produced pdf reports.  The bank-statements are encrypted, the
other files are not.  I do not have the password for decrypting the bank
statements.

I tried commenting the sections in PDFMergerUtility that check for
encryption and ended up with a document with the correct number of total
pages, but all were blank.

Is there any work-around to be able to do this merge?

Glenn Hirshon
Och-Ziff
9 W 57th St, 13th Fl.
NY, NY 10019
646.562.4583
646.562.4683 F

The information contained in this message and any attachment(s) may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from
disclosure and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of
this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to this email and permanently delete the message
from your computer.

Nothing contained in this message and/or any attachment(s) constitutes a
solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any securities.