pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Replacing text
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:58:25 GMT
Hi,

We've got a project that accepts a PDF from a customer and needs to search
and replace known text and links.

Given some sample PDFs we have been unable to perform this so far.

We have taken the Search & Replace example code and streamed the strings
being inspected - two problems are apparent: 1) Encoding detection and 2)
Fragments of words are being found instead of contiguous regions.

Looking deeper it seems there are classes to aid in the inspection of
contiguous regions of text however in our case we need to be able to
replace them. This is now sounding rather more complex than we would want
it to be...

To be more precise in our case we are looking for a printable link and need
to replace it before it ends up printed to paper.

Could some kind soul point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

James