pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: PDF form fill doesn't work
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:08:14 GMT
Hi there,

the form is a XFA form which you can tell from the #pageSet construct. This denominates fields
within a master page of a form. A master page is a concept used within XFA to serve as a "background"
holding logos, static fields. etc. Dependent on the form this master page may not be used
within the form. In addition the field might be hidden. How did you test if the field doesn't
contain any value after you set it?

Using the field txtFirstName alone is not a complete reference to the form field as this is
a child within applicationPrepaid.#pageSet …. so the error is correct.

Maruan Sahyoun