pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Duane Nickull <du...@technoracle-systems.com>
Subject Re: PDFbox and tab index
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 23:38:45 GMT
OK, I found it.  Tab order seems to be declared in XFA using the following
syntax:

<traversal>
  <traverse ref="(SOME_OTHER_FIELD)[index] />
</traversal>

Some other field (above) is the ID of the first field.  Outside of the
fields element depth is a traversal start point, also referencing a single
unique field in the PDF/XFA document.

After playing around with LiveCycle Designer a bit, it turns out that
until you save the form that is open, the traversal info is not present
and is only added if the default tab order is changed.

I double checked this with the reference to XFA and found this:

"Traversal order. An XFA template may be defined with a traversal order,
which allows the user to tab
from one field to the next."

The specification is here:
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/xml/xfa_spec_2_4.pdf

To aster your other question Maruan, yes - there is a default tabbing
order.  This is described in terms of left to right and flowing
vertically.   THere is a complete description of the order described when
multiple elements of the same sub-form contain children.

Duane Nickull

Technoracle Advanced Systems Inc.
Consulting and Contracting; Proven Results!
i.  Neo4J, PDF, Java, LiveCycle ES, Flex, AIR, CQ5 & Mobile
b. http://technoracle.blogspot.com
t.  @duanechaos
"Don't fear the Graph!  Embrace Neo4J"