pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Duane Nickull <du...@technoracle-systems.com>
Subject General questions about PDFBox
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:43:03 GMT
Hi:

We are relative newcomers to PDFBox and generally love it.  One thing we
(many ex-Adobe Employee's) did notice was that the main authors have
seemed to disappeared from the contributions to PDF box project.  We
wondered if they have moved on to a new project or have just lost interest.

My company is building a large scale commercial project on this library
(and others) and I wanted to know if anyone can tell me what the current
level of participation is?  We (Technoracle) are highly committed to using
a non-Adobe PDF library and will gladly help contribute code back.  At the
same time, we are also seeking to hire some independent contractors who
have expertise in this library.

If Ben, or any other of the core contributors are on this list, please
contact me off list to discuss how we might help monetize your skills
(same goes for anyone else who considers them selves experts).

While dealing with Acroforms is only one of the many functions we are
working on, we are also interested in advancing it to work better with XFA
forms.  We also want to be able to work with custom scripts (JS not
formcalc) and other functionality.

Other areas include properly implementing Dr. Rinjdael's 4 round of
non-linear substitution AES algorithms, Advanced signature features and
adding BPM processing functions.  I can provide the parameters if someone
is willing to jump in and offer their services.

Apologies in advance if a recruiting email is not within the rules of this
list.

OTOH, I would love to offer someone of Ben Litchfield's skills some
incentive to work with us.

Best wishes and congrats

Duane Nickull
(Former 8 years Adobe Employee)
Technoracle Advanced Systems Inc.
Consulting and Contracting; Proven Results!
i.  Neo4J, PDF, Java, LiveCycle ES, Flex, AIR, CQ5 & Mobile
b. http://technoracle.blogspot.com
t.  @duanechaos
"Don't fear the Graph!  Embrace Neo4J"Bemn