pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Simon Maskell <smth91...@gmail.com>
Subject Font name not found
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 12:56:14 GMT
Hi,

I have a PDF that we are using to convert to an image which contains a font
by the name of Wingdings-Regular.  When the PDF is converted the below
warning is logged and the fallback to the base Wingdings font causes the
checkbox to be output as a different glyph in the image.  I didn't create
the original PDF so I'm not sure where the original font came from, but I
can see from the stream that it contains a lot of "Verisign" so assume it
has been digitally signed.  My question is, does PDFBox/Java AWT not
support the use of digitally signed fonts or is there another issue with
the font that is causing this?

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFontType2Font - Can't read the embedded
font ECKJMH+Wingdings-Regular
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFontType2Font - Using font Wingdings
instead
java.awt.FontFormatException: Font name not found
 at sun.font.TrueTypeFont.init(TrueTypeFont.java:528)
 at sun.font.TrueTypeFont.<init>(TrueTypeFont.java:162)
 at sun.font.FontManager.createFont2D(FontManager.java:2474)
 at java.awt.Font.<init>(Font.java:570)
 at java.awt.Font.createFont(Font.java:896)
 at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFontType2Font.getawtFont(PDCIDFontType2Font.java:81)
 at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType0Font.getawtFont(PDType0Font.java:89)
 at
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDSimpleFont.drawString(PDSimpleFont.java:105)

Kind Regards

Simon