pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Marcos Martínez <marcmediterr...@yahoo.es>
Subject Split single page from PDF
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 14:22:44 GMT
Hello

First of all, thank you very much for develop such useful program.

I'm a Mac user, with Mountain Lion OS X. I just downloaded the file PDFBox-app-1.7.1.jar (the
standalone version).
Usually you can run jar files using the terminal with the following syntax:

java - jar appname.jar

When running this command I get a message from Pdfbox indicating the usage and syntax. I want
to split a PDF file in order to create a new single PDF file with the first page of the original
file. According to the instructions and the examples in the website, I wrote:

java -jar PDFBox-app-1.7.1.jar -split 1 -startPage 1 -endPage 2 filename.pdf

But I only get again and again the message describing the usage for PDFBox. No action is performed.

What's the problem?

Thank you in advance!

iMarcos
   2012