pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Duane Nickull <du...@technoracle-systems.com>
Subject Re: How to parse check box content?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 04:37:34 GMT
If you have a PDF document with a check box, by definition it is a "form"
(it is a mutable document).  A radio button is, but definition, a group of
choices where one is mutually selectable (two cannot be chosen).

It is not that tricky to get access to the checkbox.  There are examples
on the PDFBox website and also within the API Docs.

java.lang.Object
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Object.html?is-external=
true>
  org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDField
<http://pdfbox.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/interactive/for
m/PDField.html>
      org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDChoiceButton
<http://pdfbox.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/interactive/for
m/PDChoiceButton.html>
          org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDCheckbox

isCheckedpublic boolean isChecked()

This will tell if this radio button is currently checked or not.

Returns:true If the radio button is checked.

If you require specific help with this, many of our staff are ex-adobe
experts on PDF forms.

Duane Nickull

Technoracle Advanced Systems Inc.
Consulting and Contracting; Proven Results!
i.  Neo4J, PDF, Java, LiveCycle ES, Flex, AIR, CQ5 & Mobile
b. http://technoracle.blogspot.com
t.  @duanechaos
"Don't fear the Graph!  Embrace Neo4J"