pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Hauger <a_hau...@yahoo.com>
Subject FIPS 140-2
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 03:48:32 GMT
Can anyone tell me how to use pdfbox to create FIPS 140-2 compliant encrypted documents? Adobe
Reader has been placed in "FIPS mode" on all the workstations where I work, and our users
can no longer save the PDF documents generated by our system. We do not want anyone tampering
with the contents of our generated documents, and the only way I know of to implement the
PDF security options requires encryption of the documents. Unfortunately, the base encryption
capability of pdfbox is not FIPS 140-2 compliant, so until I get a FIPS 140-2 solution, we
will have to generate unsecured PDF files.