pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Verlene Bonham <VBon...@lifetouch.com>
Subject Setting up PDF font resources
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:01:24 GMT
Hi,
Hopefully this is the right forum for this question.
I have Windows 7 and am running PDFBox with a Java,Mavan,Eclipse config. Simple commands are
working so far.
However, can't get anything but the basic fonts to work even though there are several
TTF fonts in the C:\WINDOWS\FONTS  folder
and also in this folder
C:\Users\VBonham\.m2\repository\pdfbox\pdfbox\pdfbox-1.7.1-src\pdfbox\src\main\resources\org\apache\pdfbox\resources\ttf
and also in some other workspace folders.
Other applications on the system find those fonts OK.
My pom.xml file looks OK and has dependencies for the jars for PDFbox, fontBox and jempBox
1.7.1

SO....What folder does PDFbox use for its fonts and how do I fix the setup ?

Thanks,
Verlene

content = new PDPageContentStream(envDoc, envPage, false, false);
                content.setFont(fontHelv, 12); // default
                // fontArial = PDTrueTypeFont.loadTTF(envDoc, "ArialMT.ttf");
                fontBar39 = PDTrueTypeFont.loadTTF(envDoc, "3OF9_NEW.ttf");

None of the TTF fonts as above will load.
Verlene Joyce Bonham
Sr. Software Developer