pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Bob Swanson <...@swansongrp.com>
Subject Larger PDF file with 1.7.1
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 03:01:25 GMT
I am delighted with the latest version
1.7.1. It fixes a couple of nagging problems
I have had to deal with for a while.

Unfortunately, there is a side-effect that
I'm trying to run down (no luck yet). I'm
programmatically creating a large PDF
book from text and images. The current
output when using 1.6.0 and 1.7.0 is about
38 meg. With 1.7.1, the size has ballooned to
108 meg (!) without any programming changes.

I've tried a few little tests (text only, text and
images, etc), and do not see the larger output
size. I will continue to create test cases to try
to reproduce the issue. My current authoring
system is much too complex to hand over as
a test case.

In the meantime, I'll ask the question: has anyone
experienced much larger PDF output files with 1.7.1?

Bob Swanson