pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Lehmkühler" <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject RE: Can't extract text Adobe-WinCharSetFFFF-UCS2
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 08:02:25 GMT
Hi,

Stephen Haggai <Stephen.Haggai@swanninsurance.com.au> hat am 20. Juli 2012 um
05:44 geschrieben:

> _______________________________________________________________________________________
>
> Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom of this
> message.
> _______________________________________________________________________________________
>

> Hi,
>
> I have looked at the PDF file. It looks as if text in all the pages were
> scanned as images. I am certain that one cannot extract text from (text
> scanned as) images using PDFBox. Could someone correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. The pdfs consists of scanned text and yes pdfbox can't extract
that text, but the images. Those could be used with a OCR-software to get the
text. I didn't try that but it should work, more or less precise.

BTW: It is always a good idea to extract the text using the acrobat reader. Just
select the text a copy and paste it to an editor. If that doesn't work it most
likely won't work using PDFBox.

> Thanks,
> Stephen

Br