pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Using a system font file with loadTTF method
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 06:07:26 GMT
Hi,

Am 22.05.2012 15:45, schrieb Hesham G.:
> Hello ,
>
> This is a more Java question rather than a PDFBox question : ) , but I can't find an
answer to it.

> I am trying to use a system font file in drawing text to a PDF file using PDFBox, through
the method :
> PDTrueTypeFont.loadTTF( PDDocuent pdfFile, File fontFile );
>
> The problem here is that the loadTTF(...) method accepts a (File) object, while I can
only get the System font as a (Font) object using this code :
> GraphicsEnvironment e = GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment();
> Font[] fonts = e.getAllFonts();
These are all AWT-Fonts which can't be embedded to a pdf directly. They have to
be converted somehow. I guess there isn't any code to do that, but please prove
me wrong if you find something appropriate. ;-)

> Where I get one of the (fonts) objects to use it. Is there a way to convert the Font
object to File object ?
> I am using Mac OS X.
All those awt-fonts should be related to a "real" font somewhere in the
filesystem. Maybe you are able to find them using the name from the AWT-Font?
Probably those have a suitable format which can be used within a pdf.

> Best regards ,
> Hesham

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler