pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fischer...@aon.at>
Subject Re: PDF Box to parse the data content on Images
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 16:54:23 GMT
Hello,

PDFBox won't hep you with this, it extracts only text from PDF files.
For images you need some OCR (Optical character recognition) application, these are available
in either commercial (e.g. Abby Fine Reader) or free (e.g. Tesseract) versions. The EuDML
project is working on a package that does what you want, see PdfToTextViaOCR.

Best
Thomas