pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Andrey Kuznetsov" <imag...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: Extracting vector graphics from PDF
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 10:24:39 GMT
Peter,

super( fontDictionary );

sets field font in superclass (PDFont).

Don't worry about "Not implemented." thing, its implemented in extending
classes (e.g. PDTrueTypeFont).

So really I need that dump of fontDictionary to tell you more.

fontDictionary.toString() will do it.

Andrey

Von: peter.murray.rust@googlemail.com
[mailto:peter.murray.rust@googlemail.com] Im Auftrag von Peter Murray-Rust
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Mai 2012 12:13
An: Andrey Kuznetsov
Cc: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Extracting vector graphics from PDF

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Andrey Kuznetsov <imagero@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Peter,

There are must be COSDictionary field called font (in PDSimpleFont).

Can you dump it and post here?

// You mean fontDictionary , I imagine?
   public PDSimpleFont( COSDictionary fontDictionary )
    {
        super( fontDictionary );
    }

    /**
    * Looks up, creates, returns  the AWT Font.
    */
    public Font getawtFont() throws IOException
    {
        log.error("Not yet implemented:" + getClass().getName() );
        return null;
    }

I notice now that this call is used in drawString so that might explain why
there is no font information

Is it worth changing to 1.7.0??

--
Peter Murray-Rust