pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Extracting vector graphics from PDF
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 08:50:51 GMT
I and others are interested in extracting Vector graphics from PDF, perhaps
into SVG. I hacked at this about 4 years ago with moderate progress and now
need to revisit. I noticed a discussion
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/pdfbox-users/200902.mbox/%3CCOL119-W63EED17C9749CDA011AEFEF1C20%40phx.gbl%3E
in 2009-02-03 which is roughly consistent with my understanding - you have
to hack into the stream somewhere.

I am wondering whether there has been any progress over the last 3 years?
(FWIW I like the PDFDebugger can use this to navigate to the appropriate
parts of the Stream).

Also are there others in the PDF-hacking community who also want to extract
graphics? My own interest is scientific and technical graphs, tables,
diagrams, etc.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics