pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Issues with converting PDF to Image
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 05:52:46 GMT
Hi,

Am 04.04.2012 09:03, schrieb Hamed Iravanchi:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to fix a few issues with PDF to Image convertion.
> Andreas, please reply. Let me know what can I do to fix these in your code
> too.
Please create an issue on JIRA [1] and attach the changes as diff to it. Add an
example pdf too. Maybe is is a good idea to subscribe the dev@ list too where
most of the tech discussions take place.

> What I've done so far:
> - Made all true type fonts use code points (instead of extracted text) to
> render the image
> - Mapped the code point to glyph code by reading the font's CMAP (because
> what I've mentioned in
> http://pdfbox-users.markmail.org/message/bxfiab2der5dphlh?page=1)
> - Used glyph codes to draw text
Sounds, exactly like my plan. ;-)

> This fixes ALL of my PDF files that contain true type fonts.
> One of my sample PDF files that have a CIDFontType0 still renders garbage,
> and I think it is because not creating a correct AWT font.
> I've reported the issue along with the PDF file in issue PDFBOX-1278.
The embedded font will be substituted if it isn't readable and in many cases the
encoding doesn't work any more, so that one gets garbage.

> Waiting for your reply,
> -Hamed

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler