pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Andrey Kuznetsov" <imag...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: Extracting vector graphics from PDF
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 12:14:16 GMT
Forget hacking into the stream.
Hack into Graphics2D - this is much easier and will give you shape in right
size and transform.

Andrey

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: peter.murray.rust@googlemail.com
[mailto:peter.murray.rust@googlemail.com] Im Auftrag von Peter Murray-Rust
Gesendet: Montag, 2. April 2012 10:51
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Betreff: Extracting vector graphics from PDF

I and others are interested in extracting Vector graphics from PDF, perhaps
into SVG. I hacked at this about 4 years ago with moderate progress and now
need to revisit. I noticed a discussion
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/pdfbox-users/200902.mbox/%3CCOL119-
W63EED17C9749CDA011AEFEF1C20%40phx.gbl%3E
in 2009-02-03 which is roughly consistent with my understanding - you have
to hack into the stream somewhere.

I am wondering whether there has been any progress over the last 3 years?
(FWIW I like the PDFDebugger can use this to navigate to the appropriate
parts of the Stream).

Also are there others in the PDF-hacking community who also want to extract
graphics? My own interest is scientific and technical graphs, tables,
diagrams, etc.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics