pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Robert Johnson <rob...@rowanshire.net>
Subject Please help a dim wit
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:25:46 GMT
All

I am trying to get to the point that I can compile and run PDFBox under Eclipse on my Mac,
and whilst this hardly seems like a difficult task, sadly I have failed.

I am fairly new to Eclipse (I've used it for PHP mostly before now) although I have used development
environments from vim through Zend through Visual Studio in my time so I am not an IDE idiot
and I am far from a Java genius I am fluent in C, C++, .Net, PHP, ASP(.net), RPG, COBOL. C#,
VB and VB.NET, Javascript and a few others. In short, concepts I understand, specific mouse
clicks I'm no expert in.

The full story (as best I can).

Per the instructions on the web site, I used Eclipse and did

File -> New -> Other -> SVN -> Check out projects from SVN

Create new repository location at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/trunk

Create project using wizard & select Java Project

Allow it to get all the source.

This creates a Java Project in my Eclipse with a tree that looks like