pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <ericj...@gmail.com>
Subject Text shows up correctly in PDF but not when printing or in print preview.
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:17:08 GMT
Hi,
I'm using pdfbox-app-1.6.0, and trying to print a PDF in landscape.
My test string shows up fine (roughly in center of doc) in a PDF
viewer but when I do print preview it is in very lower left bottom
edge of the preview page and when I print, no text is printed at all.

Here is my code:

		PDDocument doc = null;

		try {
			doc = new PDDocument();
			PDPage page = new PDPage();
			page.setMediaBox(PDPage.PAGE_SIZE_LETTER);
			page.setRotation(90);
			doc.addPage(page);
			PDRectangle pageSize = page.findMediaBox();
			float pageWidth = pageSize.getWidth();
			PDPageContentStream cs = new PDPageContentStream(doc, page, false,
					false);

			// translation of pageWidth to use lower left corner as 0,0
			cs.concatenate2CTM(0, 1, -1, 0, pageWidth, 0);

			PDFont boldFont = PDType1Font.HELVETICA_BOLD;
			PDFont regFont = PDType1Font.HELVETICA;
			float fontSize = 8;

			cs.setFont(boldFont, fontSize);

			cs.beginText();