pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ilija Pavlic <ilija.pav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to check if a password is the document open password
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 00:27:09 GMT
if (document.isEncrypted()) {
				try {
					document.decrypt("your password");
				} catch (InvalidPasswordException e) {
					System.err.println("Error: Document is encrypted with a different password."); // so,
now you know that your password is incorrect for your file
					System.exit(1);
				}
			}

BR,
Ilija.

On 11. 2. 2012., at 01:22, yankefrank@optonline.net wrote:

> How can a java program check to see if a given password is the correct password to open
a pdf document?  We have a table that shows what password should have been set as the correct
password for a given file.

> I want to traverse this list of files and figure out which files had the password set
correctly and which did not.  I can traverse the table, but what piece of code or what method
or methods in PDFBOX will let me check if a particular password is the right document open
password?