pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Marc Rainville <m...@goprint.com>
Subject Re: Printing on Windows - Set Job Owner Name?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 16:50:08 GMT
You may want to check the "notify" field on the print document properties in Windows; this
field is usually used to mark the user when a job is printed through a process account.  I
don't think it's possible to change the owner.
Thanks,
Marc

On Feb 6, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Mike Kuindersma wrote:

> I'm using PDFBox-1.6.0 on Windows XP SP3 with Sun JRE 1.6.0_24.
>

> The following code fragment prints the target PDF and the job shows up in the Windows
print queue with the proper Document Name but the Owner field shows the userID of the User
that launches the program, not the text I requested "Requesting User Name".

> Is there a way to get what I want?  Am I doing it wrong?
>

>         PDDocument pdDoc = null;
>         try
>         {
>             pdDoc = PDDocument.load( "C:\\automatic-heap-sizing.pdf" );
>
>             PrinterJob printerJob = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob();
>

>             PrintService printService = null;
>             PrintService[] printServices = PrinterJob.lookupPrintServices();
>
>             for( PrintService tPS : printServices )
>             {
>                 if( tPS.getName().equals( "Samsung ML-4550 Series PCL 6" ) )
>                 {
>                     printService = tPS;
>                     break;
>                 }
>             }
>
>             if( printService == null )
>             {
>                 System.out.println( "Unable to locate specified PrintService - cannot
print!" );
>             }
>             else
>             {
>                 printerJob.setPrintService( printService );
>
>                 printerJob.setJobName( "automatic-heap-sizing.pdf" );
>
>                 PrintRequestAttributeSet as = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet();
>                 as.add( new RequestingUserName( "Requesting User Name", Locale.getDefault()
) );

>                 printerJob.setPageable( new PDPageable( pdDoc, printerJob ) );
>
>                 printerJob.print( as );
>             }
>         }
>         catch( IOException ioe )
>         {
>             System.out.println( "Caught IOException: " + ioe.getClass().getName() + "
- " + ioe.getMessage() );
>         }
>         catch( PrinterException pe )
>         {
>             System.out.println( "Caught PrinterException: " + pe.getClass().getName()
+ " - " + pe.getMessage() );