pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ilija Pavlic <ilija.pav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Did I understand text color extraction correctly?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:22:49 GMT
On 20. 2. 2012., at 19:59, Andreas Lehmkuehler wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Is that approximately correct?
> Yes, here are some more details you may want to know
>
> - there is a stroking and a non-stroking color, but no text color
> - the color usage for texts depends on the text rendering mode (text most likely uses
rendering mode 0, which means the non-stroking color is used)
> - your code snippet extracts the state values at the end of the process

I am aware of the last point. It shouldn't be hard to output current color when it changes.
Thank you the additional information! I will look at PDF reference to learn more about text
rendering modes.

>> Thank you,
>> Ilija.
>
> What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Ultimately, I would like to preserve text-color information when extracting text. I feel I
am not up to the task yet, but would like to understand the process.

> BR
> Andreas Lehmkühler

BR,
Ilija.