pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From <John.Pen...@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
Subject RE: problematic pdf
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:05:11 GMT
Denis,

Is the problem not to do with your version of Adobe? I managed to open
the pdf file with no problems. The version of Adobe Reader I am using is
9.3.2.

Sorry I can't help you with your question about informing a user about a
problematic pdf file.

John C Penman
System Developer

Business Support Unit

Student Awards Agency for Scotland

Room 201

Gyleview House

________________________________

From: Denis Voloshin [mailto:DENIS@il.ibm.com]
Sent: 27 February 2012 08:31
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: problematic pdf

Hi

We have this pdf which we get from a customer which complains the
document  is processed successfully but the content is gibberish.
If you open the file in Acrobat, it displays correctly there is nothing
strange in the document properties but if you copy text
from it and try to paste it to another document (Word or text) you get
gibberish.
Therefore we think something in the file is corrupted.

We suspect that the reason in the way how the document was created.
The question is, if there is any way that  we can inform a user  that we
have such problematic pdf using PDFBox tool

The version we use is pdfbox-app-1.2.1-ecmts-1.5.jar

Thanks

Best Regards.

Denis Voloshin

Software engineer

Phone: +972-2-649-1162

Mobile: +972-54-642-2269

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide
in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.)
In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

*********************************** ********************************

This email has been received from an external party and

has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is
intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s). Unauthorised
use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this
e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient please
destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform
the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or
recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and
for other lawful purposes. The views or opinions contained within
this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the
Scottish Government.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus
scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs.
(CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus
free.