pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Chris Bamford <cbamf...@mimecast.com>
Subject Fwd: Pushback buffer is full
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:27:11 GMT
Hi - sorry to repeat my question, but I have so far had no response.  Can anyone help?  Have
I posted to the wrong place ?

Thanks

Chris

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chris Bamford <cbamford@mimecast.com<mailto:cbamford@mimecast.com>>
Date: 7 February 2012 17:46:44 GMT
To: "users@pdfbox.apache.org<mailto:users@pdfbox.apache.org>" <users@pdfbox.apache.org<mailto:users@pdfbox.apache.org>>
Subject: Pushback buffer is full

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help ...

I use pdfbox 1.6.0 to process a lot of documents and most of the time it does a superb job.
 However, there are some documents it cannot seem to cope with and I was wondering if there's
anything I could do about it.  They always seem to have the following characteristics:

  -  auto-generated PDFs consisting mostly of images (little or no real text)
  -  not especially large (tens of megabytes, rather than hundreds)

I am guessing from the exception (java.io.IOException: Push back buffer is full) that it is
some kind of memory constraint, but as mentioned above, the data isn't that large.  For example
I get the exception on a 25Mb file when my JVM has 1Gb memory allocation!  Looking at the
file in a PDF viewer I see it has 3 pages, each one holding a single picture. Furthermore,
other, much larger PDFs (hundreds of Mb) containing lots of text and images work perfectly.

Unfortunately I cannot supply an example file at this time for customer confidentiality reasons,
but I was hoping someone might have overcome the same issue elsewhere?

Thanks for any tips ...

- Chris

<https://serviceA.mimecast.com/mimecast/click?account=C1A1&code=1c61b36abc202f2caf9d2e63d9b97431>

        [ Our Blog<https://serviceA.mimecast.com/mimecast/click?account=C1A1&code=3165c30ca1992a6163deb4a85d7ec55a>
]   [ Twitter<https://serviceA.mimecast.com/mimecast/click?account=C1A1&code=808d8fb3ff5ccf4d4c2b357a846afd61>
]   [ YouTube<https://serviceA.mimecast.com/mimecast/click?account=C1A1&code=60841e527778a14179c049821aa12c82>
]

        Chris Bamford
Software Engineer
m: +44 7860 405292
www.mimecast.com<https://serviceA.mimecast.com/mimecast/click?account=C1A1&code=3d04db6ebda19bb2419539887c36991b>

2-8 Balfe Street, London, N1 9EG

        +44 (0) 207 843 2300

Disclaimer
The information contained in this communication from cbamford@mimecast.com<mailto:cbamford@mimecast.com>
sent at 2012-02-07 17:46:47 is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for use by users@pdfbox.apache.org<mailto:users@pdfbox.apache.org> and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not users@pdfbox.apache.org<mailto:users@pdfbox.apache.org>
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance
of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Mimecast Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with the company number 4698693
VAT No. GB 832 5179 29
Registered Office:2 - 8 Balfe Street, Kings Cross London, N1 9EG Email Address: info@mimecast.com<mailto:info@mimecast.com>

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.
Mimecast delivers a complete managed email solution from a single web based platform.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com<http://www.mimecast.com/><http://www.mimecast.com/>