pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ilija Pavlic <ilija.pav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Determining line positions
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:25:42 GMT
>On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Ilija Pavlic <ilija.pavlic@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can somebody explain how the pdfbox library really works; how the parts fit
>> together, and how it is used -- something of a bird's eye-view on various
>> parts of the pdfbox  and connections between them?
>
>http://pdfbox.apache.org/userguide/index.html is a good starting point.

Sadly, it is not.

On-and-off, I spent two weeks with pdfbox, reading what documentation
exists on the website, skimming through source files and
try-miss-repeat programming using pdfbox. I am willing to write
tutorials/documentation on what little I learned along the way, but
don't know how the library really works in the background or why the
things I wrote really work. The documentation on the website (which I
did read, thoroughly) is inadequate and very much incomplete.

I realize that you do not have time for to write answers to all
beginners' questions. I also realize that you are trying to be
helpful. Thank you for that.

Still, I am not any closer to determining line positions.

BR,
Ilija.