pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ilija Pavlic <ilija.pav...@gmail.com>
Subject Determining line positions
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 09:50:14 GMT
I want to determine where are the lines in the document. As I understand it,

PDFStreamEngine --extended by--> PageDrawer --loads-->
PageDrawer.properties --defines--> operator processing

The properties files define mappings between pdf operators and classes that
extend OperatorProcessor and implement public void process(PDFOperator
operator, List<COSBase> arguments) function. Those functions somehow all
refer to the same PageDrawer for one run.

I don't really understand how all of that fits together.

What I was planning to do is extracting the positions of line start and end
points by writing a new class extending OperatorProcessor.

Can somebody explain how the pdfbox library really works; how the parts fit
together, and how it is used -- something of a bird's eye-view on various
parts of the pdfbox  and connections between them?

Thank you,
Ilija.