pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "David Johns" <David.Jo...@ColumbiaUltimate.com>
Subject Problem printing Landsacpe Report generated in Birt with PDFBox
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:20:22 GMT
Problem:

I am trying to print a landscape report with a PDF file stream created
in Birt 3.7.  The report is printed in portrait mode cutting off the
right side of the report.

Additional Information:

*         We recently upgraded to Birt 3.7 from Birt 2.2.2 and went from
PDFBox 0.7.3 to PDFBox 1.6.  The landscape reports worked before,
however, now they attempt to print in portrait mode cutting off the
right half of the report.

*         I have two strange behaviors,

*         1. Is the print out cutting off the right half of the report

*         2. Is if I choose PDFCreator as my printer, the document size
the end is 11.11 by 8.33 instead of 11 x 8.5.

*         I know that Birt is sending a paper size of 11 x 8.5 and I
assume that is what is needed for PDFBox to print landscape correctly.

*         I did test having Birt 2.2.2 generate a landscape report and
print it with the new PDFBox (1.6.0).  This also had the problem of the
report printing in portrait mode, so I assume that the problem is with
PDFBox.  Also, when using the Birt 3.7 and PDFBox 0.7.3 the report
printed in Landscape mode, but all of the formatting (i.e. lines on the
report) was missing.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue so that the report will
correctly print in Landscape.  Any help or a direction to research would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David Johns
Software Engineer