pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From A...@swmc.com
Subject Re: Is there a difference between Watermark & Stamp ?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:24:35 GMT
Reading the PDF spec (PDF 32000-1:2008) is how I learned.  I'd recommend
starting with section 7.1 (which is only one page), and then going
straight to section 7.7 (Document Structure) and referencing other
sections as you go along.  Section 7.5 (File Structure) is also an
interesting read.  For example 7.5.5 says "Conforming readers should read
a PDF file from its end."  Once you know this, you can do the same thing
that all PDF software does (or at least, what they should be doing).

Hope this helps get you started.  Happy reading.

----
Thanks,
Adam