pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From samf...@me.com
Subject Can view document, but getPrintable fails due to unknown compression of zip stream
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 13:46:46 GMT

Hello,

I am using PDFBox to print  PDF's.  I have come across a  PDF which I can not print.  FlateFilter
is thrown a ZipException due to an unknown compression method.  Yet, I know PDFBox can handle
the file, because PDFReader, and PrintPDF utilities work fine. (aside: Speaking of which,
could the error message printed when this happens be more specific than "Stop reading corrupt
stream". )

So I am not sure if the bug is in my code or PDFBox's; this is the code I am using to print,
which works with most PDF's.

public class MyPdfDoc implements Printable
{

	private PDDocument pdfDoc;

	public MyPdfDoc( String path )
	{
		try
		{
			pdfDoc = PDDocument.load(path);
		}
		catch( IOException e )
		{
			log.severe("failed to load " + path + ": " + e);
			pdfDoc = null;
		}
	}

	@Override
	public int print( Graphics graphics, PageFormat pageFormat, int pageIndex ) throws PrinterException
	{
		if( pdfDoc == null || pageIndex >= pdfDoc.getNumberOfPages() )
		{
			return NO_SUCH_PAGE;
		}

		Printable printable = pdfDoc.getPrintable(pageIndex);
		return printable.print(graphics, pageFormat, pageIndex);
	}
}

Any help appreciated, thanks.
~S