pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkühler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: PDFBox form fields help
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:17:45 GMT
Hi Gilad,

please don't contact the developers directly. Adress your questions to
the mailinglists, so that everybody from the community has the chance to
help and to learn as well.

I've cc'd my answer to the users-list.

Am 09.06.11 12:10, schrieb Gilad Denneboom:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Thanks for helping out with the issues I've created for PDFBox.
>
> I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with the
> following: I'm trying to add form fields to a file using PDFBox and am
> having a lot of problems with it. I was unable to find any real examples
> on how it should be done, neither online or in the example packages.
> The closest I've come so far is in the attached file. When I open the
> result PDF in Acrobat, though, I can't see the field. When I open the JS
> console it says "Some fields are malformed, and may not work as
> expected. Please contact the author for a fix".
> I am then able to execute getField("Text1").value and get the value I've
> set, but most other properties and methods fail.
>
> Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated, and I might even
> create an example class for the next release of PDFBox, if you think
> it's a good idea...
I'm not an acroform expert but you have to link the new field to the
page it should be rendered on. I guess it has to be done by using an
annotation widget.

A simple example woiuld be great.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler