pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chojecki <i...@rayman2200.de>
Subject Re: Why org.bouncycastle.* packages were specified as mandatory in the manifest in the pdfbox-1.5.0.jar
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:42:19 GMT

Zitat von Miao Fan <miao.fan@gmail.com>:
> Hi Thomas,
Hi Miao,

> Anyway, just curious how I could submit a bug?

You can find the issue tracker under the link [1] and need to register
a user account. But it's not a bug, more an improvement or wish. To
decrypt or encrypt documents the pdfbox need this library otherwise it
crash and encrypted documents aren't so rare (all protected documents
are encrypted).

I need also a bc free version. So thumbs up for that improvement.

> Thanks,
> Miao

Best regards

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX/

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Thomas Chojecki <info@rayman2200.de> wrote:
>> Zitat von Miao Fan <miao.fan@gmail.com>:
>>  Hello,
>> Hi Miao,
>>  I downloaded pdfbox 1.4 and 1.5 recently, and found the manifest in the
>>> downloaded jars contains mandatory dependencies of org.bouncycastle.*
>>> plugins which should not. I have to modify wrapper it by removing them
>>> from
>>> manifest to use. I want to confirm if that's a bug and if yes, how to
>>> submit
>>> a bug against it?
>> Some functionality of the pdfbox need the BC. I would also prefer to remove
>> this dependancy because BC is a heavy weight library and do not harmony with
>> a small pdf library.
>>  B.T.W, adding org.bouncycastle.* plugins is not option for us now since it
>>> needs to get legal approval etc to get them in.
>> I found out that the PDF Encryption need the library. So only for encrypted
>> pdf documents.
>> Maybe someone can rewrite the code of the *.pdmodel.encryption.* and use
>> only the java cryptography extension (JCE)
>>  Thanks,
>>> Miao
>> Best regards
>> Thomas