pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chojecki <i...@rayman2200.de>
Subject Re: PDFBox form fields help
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:03:06 GMT
Hi Gilad,

Zitat von Andreas Lehmkühler <andreas@lehmi.de>:
>> Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated, and I might even
>> create an example class for the next release of PDFBox, if you think
>> it's a good idea...
> I'm not an acroform expert but you have to link the new field to the
> page it should be rendered on. I guess it has to be done by using an
> annotation widget.

Andreas is right. The field need to be set into the acroform and link
with an annotation. This annotation need to be added to a page.

Take a look at PDDocument.addSignature(...) there you should find what
you are searching.
In this signing example I merged the field with the annotation.

> A simple example woiuld be great.

Rigth, you can also provide us with the malformed pdf document to see
whats wrong.

Best regards
Thomas